STB2 card - sound works in btwincap, doesn't in bktr

tweek tweek.20k at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 03:23:55 PST 2005

I have an STB2 bt878 card. Works great under XP with btwincap, with or
without an analog audio cable that runs from the card to my soundcard.
In FreeBSD with a kernel compiled with bktr support, I can see video
clearly with fxtv (http://tweek.no-ip.org/stuff/hockey.png) but can't
hear anything. (Tried both audio internal and audio auto modes.)

None of the mixers are muted; sound works. Here's some relevant lines
from my dmesg:

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xd0001000-0xd0001fff irq 11 at device 14.0 on pci0
bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
bktr0: STB TV/PCI, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner, dbx stereo.
pci0: <multimedia> at device 14.1 (no driver attached)
pcm0: <Creative CT5880-C> port 0x1040-0x107f irq 5 at device 15.0 on pci0
pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9721/23 AC97 Codec>
pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

... and some relevant lines from my kernel:

device          joy
device          bktr
device          iicbus
device          iicbb
device          iicsmb
device          smbus
options         BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC
options         OVERRIDE_CARD=3
options         OVERRIDE_TUNER=9
options         BKTR_NEW_MSP34XX_DRIVER
device          sio
device          sound
device          "snd_es137x"

This is my first time posting to a FreeBSD mailing list, so if I'm
supposed to provide more, I will.

tweek.20k at gmail.com