ffmpeg doesn't record sound from WinTV.

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Dec 30 09:14:22 PST 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:55:49 -0500
Nicolas Blais <nb_root at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Does it record the video?  If I do this:
> ffmpeg -target ntsc-dvd -vd /dev/bktr -ad /dev/dsp -ac 2 fft.mpeg
>
> I get a dvd-size blue screen with no sound.

	Classic symptom of having the wrong source selected. Try setting
BKTR_DEV=1 and exporting it before running ffmpeg (if that doesn't work
try other values (0 and 2 are likely). You can set the default at build
time of the port.

	You may also want to add a -tvstd ntsc to that command line.

> (Notice that rec = 75:75) Without that, even selecting the right input no
> audio will be recorded.

	Oh it will - just with a level of 0 :)