Testers needed before MFC

Csaba Molnár (molnarcs) csabamolnar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 09:41:26 PST 2005

I previously tested the 6-STABLE patches of Ariff. They solved my issue with
my integrated AC97 codec and Skype:

pcm0: <VIA VT8237> port 0xc000-0xc0ff irq 22 at device 17.5 on pci0
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC655 AC97 Codec>
pcm0: <VIA DXS Enabled: DXS 4 / SGD 1 / REC 1>

In skype, before the patch, my contact(s) sounded like aliens (or rather like
Donald Duck with a very bad case of flue). Now it works fine, and is loud
enough as well (that was another problem, I almost had to swallow the
microphone to be audible before).

I'm going to test the MFC patches tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for all your work for multimedia!!!