voodoo 3 agp instalation

Joao Borges joao_francisco_borges at yahoo.com.br
Tue Dec 20 14:37:13 PST 2005

   Hello everybody

   I´ve been using FreeBSD 5.4 for 3 or 4 months by
now and I have allways used my on-board video card on
my pretty old computer.

   Sometime ago I decided to install my Voodoo 3 3000
on the  AGP expansion slot to use it to improve the
performance of X.

   So I recompiled the kernell including tdfx driver
in it, and as I read on the documentation it would add
a voodoo device on my devices under /dev.

   It figures that nothing happens, but the driver is
there   when I run kldstat
# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   16 0xc0400000 427988   kernel
 2    2 0xc0828000 1d4fc    sound.ko
 3    1 0xc0846000 4664     snd_t4dwave.ko
 4   14 0xc084b000 56270    acpi.ko
 5    1 0xc1640000 2000     dragon_saver.ko
 6    1 0xc1649000 17000    linux.ko
 7    1 0xc18b5000 8000     sis.ko
 8    1 0xc1ba4000 6000     tdfx.ko

    Can anybody tell what is wrong?