uaudio fullduplex on 5.4-RELEASE?

Wed Aug 31 20:24:05 GMT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:41:57 +0200 (METDST)
Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Some USB chips have problems with fullduplex operation. AFAIK it's
> > not known if it is a problem with our USB subsystem or not.
>
> Which chips?  There are devices (some from Edirol and M-Audio) that do
> not support full duplex with higher sample rates (and where this is
> documented), but most should work just fine.

I was talking about USB controllers, not about Audio chips. AFAIR there
seems to be a problem with ohci controllers, while uhci controllers
seems to work as expected. This may be a problem in the USB stack.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.