Help with tv tuner setup

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Sat Aug 13 01:07:16 GMT 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 02:21:28PM +0400, Karolis Tamutis wrote:
> Yes, I've just tried that, and I give up.
>
> %dmesg | grep bktr
> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe6000000-0xe6000fff irq 5 at device 9.0 on pci0
> bktr0: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000, Philips PAL tuner.
>
> This should be ok (I've did options OVERRIDE_TUNER=5, since I believe
> it's the only one suitable, because my tuner doesn't have FM radio,
> it's a RM edition)

it seems to me you need to figure out exactly what tuner the card has.
it's possible the tuner is simply not supported by bktr at this time.
you may have to snoop the windows driver that doe swork for you to
find out what it is.

> Could someone, using this tuner, show me their configuration?

but do you even know for sure what tuner you have?

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>