Help with tv tuner setup

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Tue Aug 9 20:50:57 GMT 2005

Hello!

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:02:03 +0400
Karolis Tamutis <karolis.t at gmail.com> wrote:

> $ dmesg | grep bktr
>
> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe6000000-0xe6000fff irq 5 at device 9.0
> on pci0 bktr0: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.

If this tuner is detected correctly above (it says "NTSC") you have a
problem.

> I live in Lithuania, here we use PAL system and I guess it's

Ah, Lithuania. I was on holiday there earlier this summer, and have
nice memories... but I digress.

You use the PAL system (as we do here in Norway); if the tuner really is
a NTSC tuner, it won't work.

Try the  hw.bt848.tuner sysctl as other have suggested.
Note; it is possible that you need to put this in /etc/sysctl.conf, and
perhaps you will need to reboot your machine between tries, but I am not
sure about that.
Also, the sysctl hw.bt848.format=0 selects PAL format, you might need to
set this as well.

Good luck!
--
Regards,