dev/sound patches to reduce latency

Sat Apr 23 02:46:31 PDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:46:54 -0700
Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:

> Also partly related:
>     pcm/ac97.c
> 	enables the "igain" mixer to drive the 20dB boost for the mic.

I had this enabled for some days a while ago. It didn't caused any harm.
Since I didn't found any noticeable effect in the use of it and because
it didn't solved the problem I had/have, I disabled it again.

I think it's safe to commit this to -current.

For the other patches: I try to get time to port them to -current and to
test them, but no promises...

Bye,
Alexander.

--