audigy digital

Pyun YongHyeon yongari at rndsoft.co.kr
Fri Apr 15 18:32:06 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:57:35PM +0000, Chuck Robey wrote:
 > I saw in the man page for the snd_emu10k1 driver that "digital output is
 > supported by default".  This doesn't seem to be working for me.  The
 > analog output seems to be working at all times, but the digital is
 > quiet.  I know I have the cabling right, this exact same setup worked
 > under Linux.
 >
 > I guess, just to prove it works, I will go ahead and load the OSS
 > drivers, but once I get digital output, I'm going to be back here.  I
 > want digital output.
 >
 > I'm searching for documentation on the web, for how the mixer function
 > works.  I figure that's the section of code that allows or disallows the
 > digital, but I am getting the idea that it's all done in dsp code, so it
 > might be a bit less cut & dried than I might like it to be.

AFAIK the only documentation for EMU10K1 is driver source code
for Linux. And the code is full of magic constant and its microcode.
It's really hard to understand internal architectures and DMA etc.
Without more information from Creative it would be hard to fix/enhance
current emu10k1 driver, IMHO. Of couse, Creative says they released
all necessary PCM programming information for their EMU10K1 products. :-(

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon
http://www.kr.freebsd.org/~yongari	|	yongari at freebsd.org