DVD burning question

Lluis López cronopiolopez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:35:10 PDT 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 6:31 AM, Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Hopefully this is the right forum for this question, if not I apologise
> in advance.
>
> I'm trying to create a security application using FreeBSD as the base
> OS, with a combination of other open source software, a video capture
> card (Hauppauge PVR-350) and a couple of DVD burners.
>
> The people I'm developing it for want me to re-build it to enable
> on-the-fly burning of the captured video stream, instead of capturing
> to HDD then transcoding, etc. I'm not entirely sure this is possible,
> and would like to know other people's experiences or suggestions.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>
> Spyderweb Consulting
> http://www.spyderweb.com.au
> Phone: +61 8 84193434
> Mobile: +61 0401088479

This is my "one step" solution:
----8<----cut-here---8<---
#!/bin/sh
# Step 1: making fifos
mkfifo fifoaudio fifovideo fifodvd
# Step 2: record time
echo "Put record limit in seconds"
read limit
# Step 3: The great pipe
cat /dev/cxm0|mpeg2desc -a 0 -o fifoaudio -v 0 -o fifovideo </dev/fd/0
> /dev/null|\
mplex -f8 fifoaudio fifovideo -l $limit -o fifodvd|dvdauthor -o dvd -f fifodvd
# Step 4: making TOC
dvdauthor -T -o dvd
# Step 5: burning dvd
growisofs -Z /dev/cd0 -dvd-video dvd
# Step 6: cleaning
rm fifoaudio fifovideo fifodvd
dvddirdel -o dvd

Needs disk sppace, but is the most fast solution that I have found .
For work needs:
multimedia/dvdauthor
multimedia/mplex
sysutils/growisofs