TV/FM card

Luis José Da Silva González luisjoseve at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 04:43:06 PDT 2004

Hello,
I found my old TV/FM card in somewhere in my room and I wanted to make
it work and since my desktop spend most of the time running in FreeBSD
i wanted to set it up here because is pointless set it up in other OS.
This is my card's details:
Askey -  CPH05x "Magic TView" (w/FM)
chips: bt878khf 25878-12, 24c02, hef4052bt, xtal28
tuner: PHILIPS 4002fh5
FM: 1236DH
connectors: TV, Audio Out, Video In, SVideo In (4pol)
onboard connector: J4 LGGR

I followd the instruction in 'man brooktree' and some webpages. i
added the following lines to my KERNCONF but Im going to start with
some information about my system.

[8:45pm]luisjose at desktop:~# uname -a
FreeBSD desktop.tusitio.on 5.3-BETA3 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA3 #16: Thu Sep  9
20:49:40 VET 2004
root at desktop.tusitio.on:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Desktop  i386

ok here is the KERNCONF about the tv card:

options         BKTR_ALLOC_PAGES=216
options         BKTR_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC
options         BKTR_GPIO_ACCESS
options         BKTR_USE_PLL

device bktr
device iicbus
device iicbb
device smbus
device ichsmb
device iicsmb

and the dmesg show:

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdddfe000-0xdddfefff irq 10 at device 6.0 on pci0
bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
bktr0: Warning - card vendor 0x14ff (model 0x3002) unknown.
bktr0: Pinnacle/Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner.

In order to be able to tune the tv channels I must set 'sysctl
hw.bt848.tuner=10'

[8:47pm]luisjose at desktop:~# sysctl -a |grep bt848
hw.bt848.card: -1
hw.bt848.tuner: 10
hw.bt848.reverse_mute: -1
hw.bt848.format: -1
hw.bt848.slow_msp_audio: -1

I get video and i can tune Radio station and TV Channels but there is
no sound at all so is useless at all , i tried changing
'hw.bt848.card' from -1 to 13 and no sound either =/
--
Luis José Da Silva G.