gphoto2 , usb

bruno schwander bruno at tinkerbox.org
Sat Sep 4 08:40:42 PDT 2004

Hi,

Has anybody managed to get gphoto2 working with a usb camera attached ?

>gphoto2 --list-ports
Devices found: 3
Path                             Description
serial:/dev/cuaa0                Serial Port 0
serial:/dev/cuaa1                Serial Port 1
usb:                             Universal Serial Bus

usbdevs shows the camera present. I have the ugen module loaded. I have an
epson usb scanner hooked up that works fine, so usb is working on my
machine.

>gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model                          Port

>gphoto2 --port=/dev/ugen0 --list-files
*** Error ***
Could not detect any camera
*** Error (-105: 'Unknown model') ***

this is with
libusb-0.1.7        Library giving userland programs access to USB devices
gphoto2-2.1.4_1     A command-line frontend to libgphoto2
libgphoto2-2.1.4_3  A universal digital camera picture control tool

on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE

Any help appreciated...

bruno