Problems recording with maestro3

Boris borish at gmx.de
Fri Oct 22 01:24:24 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with audio recording. The sound recorded by
ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o test.wav
lacks the lower frequencies, it sounds thin and flat.

I had similar problems with sox. When recording 16-bit stereo, 44.1 kHz,
the first few seconds of the recording were ok, but then sound became
totally distorted. Nothing strange happens if I use Windows audio
recorder.

I use an ESS-Allegro sound card on FreeBSD 5.2.1 with kernel drivers
snd_maestro3, snd_pcm. I get the message "pcm0: failed to enable memory
mapping" when the sound drivers are loaded. However, sound playback is
no problem.

Any ideas?

So long,

Boris