PVR-250/350 driver in the ports tree

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Fri Oct 15 14:36:42 PDT 2004

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 02:51 PM 15/10/2004, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>> how about I check it into the kernel tree? :-)
>> ar there user utiities and man pages that should go with it?
>

> Yes please!!!  This would save all the manual patching after each
> cvsup.  The card and drivers work really well.  The only other program
> needed is the "setchannel.c" program

having looked at it a bit, it looks like ports IS the right place for
it.. we couldn't distribute it with the
.sys file from the CDROM (unless someone wants to talk to the
manufactureer and get permissions).
also the configuration would have to be more distribution friendly.
i.e. via a sysctl or something for a binary driver.