Pinnacle PCTV tuner problem

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Wed Nov 24 05:32:50 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> I'm tring to get a Pinnacle PCTV working on 5.3-p1 and am having little
> luck getting it working.
>
> The problem I'm having is that the tuner is not working, Compsite Video
> and S-Video work when I set fxtv to NTSC, its turns Gray  and stuff when
> I change it to PAL, I have try'd all the sysctl's and OVERRIDE options
> and nothing has worked, sometimes I get very fuzzy video on channels 6-8
> but nomally it just static. I've also try'd all the options in fxtv
> (NTSC/PAL/SECAM/etc) to not eval.

You need to read the NOTES file and set the correct OPTION for the tuner
if you have an NTSC part.  Yours is being probed as a PAL tuner (mine does
the same thing).

The following is from my config file:

device          bktr
options         OVERRIDE_TUNER=1
options         BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"