problem connecting Minolta camera

Ada Cheng acheng at member.ams.org
Sat Nov 6 11:10:10 PST 2004

Good afternoon,
 	I just got a Minolta Z2 camera and am trying to connect it to my
Freebsd box (running 4.10 stable)

I do have following devices in my kernel
device usb
device da
device ugen
device umass

unfortunately when I turn on the camera I obtained the following in dmesg:
umass0: KONICA_MINOLTA DiMAGE Z2, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT (this is repeated if I don't unplug the
camera)

I am also getting the following error when i do
$mount -t msdos -r /dev/da0s1c /camera
msdos: /dev/da0s1c: Device not configured

Also, the camera is not supported by gphoto2 unfortunately.
Any pointers is much appreciated.
Thanks
Ada