Play/Edit MIDI

Conrad Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri May 21 19:14:50 PDT 2004

On 21-May-2004 Mathew Kanner wrote:

>> >       Can't I just do :
>> >
>> >       (cd /usr/ports/audio/eawpats;make;make install)
>> >
>> >       It seems to have worked pretty well. The lyrics don't match whats
>> > playing, but atleast I get sound. :)
>>
>> Ah, yes.  I forgot there was a port for that.  :-)
>>
>> I do hope someday we'll see the return of real, full, true MIDI support.  I
>> miss it.  :-(
>>
>> By the way, does anyone know anything about the status of MIDI support in
>> any
>> of the other BSDs?
>
>       I'm getting closer and closer to import my midi work to
> FreeBSD (thanks to lots of positive response at BSDCan).  I do know
> that I reference the NetBSD midi work, and that it appears to work.

Cool.  One thing I'm curious about: are we talking about support for external
MIDI synths only, or the capability of using a soundcard's built-in MIDI synth?
It's been *ages* since we've had support for either, but I especially miss the
latter.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"