best cd ripping option.

Conrad Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat May 8 17:27:29 PDT 2004

On 05-May-2004 Lex Hider wrote:
> OK, there are 2 things I'd like help with:
>
> 1)
> What's the recommended or best way for ripping audio
> CDs in FreeBSD-5.X? That is putting music CD to HD for
> encoding ogg/flac/mp3 etc.
>
> cdparanoia/cdda2wav/dagrab or "dd"ing /dev/acd0tX?

I've been using the "dd" method ever since it first became available.  Have
never had a need for anything else since.

Just be aware that, for encoding from the resulting raw pcm data to mp3 or
whatever other format, you'll need to let the encoder know to reverse the
endianness, else all you'll wind up with is static.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"