Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 for FreeBSD 5.2

Christoph Schnauß christoph.schnauss at berlin.de
Mon Mar 22 11:35:30 PST 2004

> Enclosed is a current snapshot of my source tree which supports
> the LG Innotek tuners.

Thanks. Hope, it is the solution.

> > he falls out to the "db>"-prompt.
> This happens when cxm_attach fails or cxm_detach is called due
> to a problem with iicbb.

Now, with your new source, it works without any failure messages. Like the
others, on the console, I can find now:
cxm0: <Conexant iTVC16 MPEG Coder> mem 0xf0000000-0xf3ffffff irq 9 at device
13.0 on pci2
cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
iicsmb0: <SMBus over I2C bridge> on iicbus0
smbus1: <System Management Bus> on iicsmb0
smb1: <SMBus generic I/O> on smbus1
cxm0: LG Innotek TPI8PSB11D tuner
cxm0: SAA7115 rev 1 video decoder
cxm0: MSP3415G-B8 audio decoder
cxm0: IR Remote
cxm0: encoder firmware version 0x2040011

But: this is only the driver. Just now I'll need a program like xawtv (e.g.
from ports/multimedia/xawtv), which is working fine with BT8xx-Cards. Typing
"xawtv -hwscan" should print a list of available devices, and it shows
somewhat like:
"This is xawtv-3.91, running on FreeBSD/i386 (5.2-RELEASE)
looking for available devices
port 53-53
    type : Xvideo, image scaler
    name : Matrox-G Series Backend Scaler"

There is no device :-(
And, typing "xawtv -c /dev/cxm0", it says:
"This is xawtv-3.91, running on FreeBSD/i386 (5.2-RELEASE)
no video grabber device available"

For the same time dmesg says too:
cxm0: video decoder failed to lock
cxm0: audio decoder failed to lock

You asked für broadcasts. May be it helps, to have a look of the sources of
xawtv, which has some lists. They are helpfull for searching channels.

Christoph S.