VCD Creation

Chris chris at tellme3times.com
Wed Jun 30 07:37:28 PDT 2004

Hello All,

I have a Canon PowerShot S1 IS and would like to create home movies
which I can play on my DVD. I have a cd burner not a DVD burner.

I can access the JPEG's and the AVI's through gphoto2. I have access
also through KDE and digikam. avidemux2 allows me to edit the films. But
I am unable to burn VCD's.

I convert the AVI with vcdimager to a .bin and .cue and the I waste my
CD's with

burncd -f /dev/acd0c -d vcd videocd.bin

I am wondering how others manage their home movies? Is their other
software which will help?  Has anyone created a vcd with burncd?

Thanks for your help.