Does anyone compose music using any of the ports fromthe/ports/audio collection in FreeBSD?

Conrad Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 20:25:42 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:01:30PM +0400, Dmitriy Startsev wrote:
> Hello, Conrad!
> You wrote to "Kevin Koch" <kcoch1 at midsouth.rr.com> on Wed, 14 Jul 2004
> 11:50:22 -0500 (CDT):
>
>  CJS> FreeBSD's sound support is primitive in the extreme compared to the
>  CJS> facilities available on other platforms.

[snip]

> If you need this functionality so much, why don't you develop it yourself?

If I could, I would.  That's just way beyond my skill level, I'm afraid.
Porting something like ALSA and/or JACK over to FreeBSD would, I'm sure, be
a monumental undertaking.  I don't think a single individual could do it on
his own.

> Or hire some programmers, money always were a good motivation;)

True.  :-)  Unfortunately, that's one thing I don't have an abundance of.
:-)

Ah well, life goes on, I guess.  It just looks like I'm going to have to
make some hard choices soon, which I really wish were not the case.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"