Logitech Trackman - middle button/wheel

Dmitriy Startsev metal_man at mail.ru
Tue Jul 13 08:08:53 PDT 2004

Hello, Marc!
You wrote to "Dmitriy Startsev" <metal_man at mail.ru> on Tue, 13 Jul 2004
11:12:02 -0300 (ADT):

  MGF> Is there something in KDE that I have to do to enable this as well?
 MGF> I've just restarted my X/KDE with:

 MGF> Section "InputDevice"
 MGF>          Identifier  "Mouse0"
 MGF>          Driver      "mouse"
 MGF>          Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
 MGF>          Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
 MGF>          Option      "Buttons" "5"
 MGF>          Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
 MGF> EndSection

 MGF> And it didn't make a difference ... I can use it as a third button,
 MGF> but with my focus on something like Mozilla, it doesn't scroll the
 MGF> page up/down ...

If you are using "/dev/psm0" device here, make sure moused is disabled in
/etc/rc.conf.
Or you can try this (works for me, note that "ZAxisMapping" option is
commented out):

/etc/rc.conf:
moused_enable="YES"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_type="auto"
moused_flags="-z 4 5"

/etc/X11/XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
          Identifier  "Mouse0"
          Driver      "mouse"
          Option      "Protocol" "Auto"
          Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
          Option      "Buttons" "5"
#          Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

With best regards, Dmitriy Startsev.