Please test: mplayer 1.0pre3

Thomas E. Zander riggs at rrr.de
Sun Jan 25 23:50:57 PST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 26. Jan 2004, at  4:25 +0100, Simon Barner wrote
according to [Re: Please test: mplayer 1.0pre3]:

> Those files did not work very will with version 0.92 of mplayer (audio
> and video got badly out of sync, only realplay was able to play them).
>
> My hope was, that with the new version, which is reported to be a major
> revision of the application, these problems would go away, but it was
> even worse: they did not work at all!

Well, the development tree is a bit strange in this way, but while 0.92
is a successor of 0.90final, 1.0 is forked from (afair) 0.90rc4, so it is
possible that some problems disappear, but I wouldn't count on it.

> But I did not give up that fast and tried today's CVS version of mplayer,
> and (surprise, surprise!), it worked! Finally! Without any A-V sync
> glitches!

That's cool! This indicates that 1.0pre4 probably will play those files
flawlessly.

> I was able to extract a patch from libavcodec, which fixes this issue (also
> verified by CVS log messages from the ffmpeg/libavcodec CVS repository).

Thanks, I'll add this patch for the pre3 port!

Riggs

--
- "[...] I talked to the computer at great length and
-- explained my view of the Universe to it" said Marvin.