freebsd-multimedia Digest, Vol 43, Issue 2

Joseph E. Brown joey-b at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 16 00:08:30 PST 2004

freebsd-multimedia-request at freebsd.org wrote:
I've done something wrong. I don't remember having had to patch anything
when installing the linuxpluginwrapper port. It simply installed.
It used to be that about:plugins would reveal the installation of
linux-flashplugin 5.0, but never 6.0
I played around with links, installing and deleting them from
/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugins and /usr/X11R6/lib/browser-plugins.
Suddenly, neither version of the shockwave player will register, even
when I reinstall them and play with links some more. I've looked at
pkg-plist to verify correct link locations.
I've gone to /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin6/ (and for 5.0, for that
matter) and made deinstall and reinstall. I've reinstalled
linuxpluginwrapper, with no result.

Contents of libmap.conf as follows:
# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0 liblthread.so.3
libdl.so.2 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1 libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 liblstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6 libm.so.2
libc.so.6 pluginwrapper/flash6.so

# Flash6 with Konqueror (temporary setting)
[/opt/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0 liblthread.so.3
libdl.so.2 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1 libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 liblstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6 libm.so.2
libc.so.6 pluginwrapper/flash6.so

If there is hope, let me know, and perhaps tell me where I went wrong.

Thanks for EVERYONE'S help!!

Joe