shockwave player and mozilla

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Tue Jan 13 12:49:57 PST 2004

Brian Rogers said...
> I've heard of two ways to get it to work.  You either need to use a
> linux Mozilla binary, or install the "linuxpluginwrapper" port.

I use linuxpluginwrapper-20040111 on -STABLE and RELENG_5_1 boxes with no
problems.

As instructed during the install of linuxpluginwrapper, you will need to
patch your system sources and install rtld-elf:

# cd /usr/src
# patch -p0 < /foo/libmap_4stable.diff
# cd libexec/rtld-elf
# make clean all && sudo make install

The "-p0" is needed or the build borks. This instruction has recently been
comitted to the port. See my -ports post[1].

You'll also need to create /etc/libmap.conf as Brian described and
instructed at the end of the port install.

> Finally, you do need a symlink in Mozilla's plugin directory.

If building from ports, your plugins will go in (or be linked from)
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/ (or hwerever your X11BASE is). No need to
manually populate the browser-specific plugins directory.

Now all I want is someone to do the work for lib/browser_extensions/!

[1] "Re: linuxpluginwrapper + libmap.conf + fbsd4.9", <20040112202056.GC96641 at hal9000.halplant.com>

-Andrew-