VIA KT400A and AGP/DRI?

kitsune kitsune at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 09:22:20 PST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:20:37 +0100
Stefan Walter <sw at gegenunendlich.de> wrote:

> I just replaced an old mainboard with a new one with a VIA KT400A
> chipset. Is it possible to get DRI working with that? It used to work
> with the old board (different chipset), but I had to turn off DRI in my
> X configuration for the new one, as it made X/the system freeze/hang
> immediately.
>
> The full output of dmesg can be found at [1], the output of 'pciconf -l'
> at [2]. If more info is needed, just tell me.
>
> Stefan
>
> [1]: http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/kyuzo/dmesg_kyuzo
> [2]: http://www.gegenunendlich.de/stuff/kyuzo/pciconf_kyuzo

Well after looking at it, I really can't thing of any reason DRI would not
work based on dmesg... it finds the agp and the drm, so as long as X is setup
right, it should work. What I would be suspect of is X config. Not sure why, but
if I set the agp speed higher than 2x, it would freeze, after I used opengl for
a bit. I would try messing with the options for that card in the X config and
see if any of those are suspect.