bktr device detection

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Fri Feb 13 18:07:33 PST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> On Saturday 14 February 2004 01:49, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> > Last time I played with the fm tuner, it worked (though I haven't done
> > this since moving from 4-S to RELENG_5_n quite a while ago).
> > Currently, I don't have working sound (see my post on this topic,
> > coming soon to a mailing list near you), so I can't say about current
> > status, but under 4-S when I had an SB Live! Value in my machine, I
> > had proper stereo sound.

> I'd really appreciate if you could dig up the whole set of modifications
> you made to any kind of bktr-related config then. Quite frankly, I've
> run out of places to look for more shimmies and tweaks long ago, but I
> probably haven't tried all possible combinations yet...

I wasn't doing anything special, just setting the appropriate tuner and
video (Temic / NTSC) using kernel variables.  I may be misleading you on
the stereo bit, thinking back I only used channel 3 and routed the sound
out from the DVD player directly to line-in on my old sound card.

Assuming my update to -C gives me sound once again, I may run a cable feed
to my machine and test this (can't do FM anymore, I'm setup in my basement
now, and I don't have an FM antenna that works down here).

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"