hauppauge remote control outside fxtv

crnholio crnholio at gmx.ch
Sun Feb 8 07:45:15 PST 2004

hi list,

i was wondering how to get my hauppauge remote control working in freebsd outside of fxtv. i have been googling around for this some time and am pretty sure there aren't any solutions exept one controlling mplayer -tv with the Hauppauge RC (see: http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2003-May/000170.html ).

Also i've read about the LIRC-port to freebsd, which only includes the daemon, not the needed devices to get it working with any sort of remote control and that it would be pretty hard to write some of them.
my question is,  would it be so hard to do this with the hauppauge remote control? i mean it's already supported in fxtv.
if i would like to try writing something on my own, where would i have to start? i don't need to get it working with lirc, that was just an idea. it could be something really simple, just to control xmms f.e.

hope somebody can point me in a direction.

best regards,
Espen