Driver for Hauppauge WinTV card with CX2388x chip (NOT BT8x8)?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Feb 4 13:34:37 PST 2004

Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:
> one was posted here last week..
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=25222+187217+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-multimedia/20040201.freebsd-multimedia
>
> not specifically for THAT card, but a related one..

Actually, I found the cxm driver (in the mailing list archives) and
tried it. I think it support cards that are too different from mine,
thus making it difficult to make it work with mine (I would love to be
proved wrong, of course).
The cxm driver is for cars that have a hardware MPEG encoder, mine does
not. Also, the included driver CD does not include the firmware file
that the cxm driver uses. Without that the driver would not build on my
FreeBSD 4.9-stable system.

> I'm sure the author would like ot hear from you :-)

I'm sure he reads this mailing list from time to time.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway