[Fwd: sound in CURRENT]

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Sun Aug 22 15:00:47 PDT 2004

On Aug 22, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Jon Noack wrote:
> >Whoa there on the cross-posting...  multimedia@ seems like the best
> >place so let's stick with that.

> >This is the part of the email where normally the author would ask for
> >people to step up and keep FreeBSD on the cutting edge.  As I don't have
> >the skills to do the work, I don't feel it's my place to ask anyone else
> >to do it either.  What I will do it make a commitment to test patches
> >and continue learning all I can.  Perhaps some day I can be the person
> >I'm looking for...
>
> On that topic.. someone had patches or instruction sto add back midi support
> while we are waiting for the new code..
> it may be worth doing it for 5.3 so that we have at least SOME midi
> support..

	I've been off-line for about six weeks.  There were many
problems with my ISP and so no internet after I moved.  Anyway, I've
been back on-line for like 24 h.
	If someone can tell me how to generate some diffs out of
/usr/src/sys (that I sync'ed to releng_5 yesterday), I can provide
midi/sequencer that least works for me with emu10k1 and cmi.  (I'm
scared to run cvsup...)
	Thanks,

	--Mat

--
	Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living
	that wears you out.