minimal USB digital camera - any use?

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sun Aug 8 11:28:56 PDT 2004

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Chris wrote:

 > Ian Smith wrote:
 >
 > >I've been given a little cheapie generic '3-in-1' USB 1.1 digicam, and
 > >wonder if there might be any FreeBSD support or aps for it at all, for:
[..]
 > >usbd: Found action 'USB device' for product 0x010f, vendor 0x093a at ugen0

 > Try this out.
 >
 > *gphoto2-2.1.4_1
 >
 > ports/graphics
 >
 > Chris
 > *

Sufficient clue, thanks Chris.  First the bigger HD and the 4.10-R
install, but it's looking like the lil gadget might become useable.

FWIW, the referenced Digital Camera Support for UN*X page at

 http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html

shows these USB codes as belonging to an 'Emprex 3600' or 'Emprex 3800',
the latter said to be supported by 'gphoto2/mars (usb)', although the
gphoto2 list itself doesn't mention it, yet.  The win s/w detected some
mention of 'mars', so the answer so far seems to be a definite maybe!

Cheers, Ian