nuppelvideo "nuvrec", mplayer: no audio on 5.1-CURRENT?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Oct 6 22:44:07 PDT 2003

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:24:10 -0400
Chris Shenton <chris at shenton.org> wrote:

CS> Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> writes:
CS>
CS> > On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:14:27 -0400
CS> > 	You don't need to do that - you can just set the BKTR_FREQUENCY
CS> > environment variable and nuvrec will tune to that frequency (this
CS> > works for ffmpeg too BTW) - you can also set BKTR_DEV to select the
CS> > input channel.
CS>
CS> Huh, I don't recall seeing this in the docs and READMEs. I'll RTFM

	Yep - it's missing from the docs. I'm open to suggestions as to
where to document it (both for nuppelvideo and ffmpeg) apart from the
README on ftp.sohara.org :)

CS> again but do you specify the "frequency" or the channel number?  The

	Frequency - I never got channel numbers to do anything useful but
I can find everything by frequency so that's what I implemented.

CS> Yes, exactly. Can you show me your "vcrdvd" script, or whatnot?

	It's a bit rough around the edges, at the moment and mplex just
barfed on me in a test run so I'm giving tcmplex a whirl.  My straight
vcr script (just makes a VOB that isn't quite DVD compliant) works fine
so I've attached it. When I have the DVD one reliable, clean and portable
I'll stick it on ftp.sohara.org. You'll want to replace the contents of
the stn2freq hash and change the default station.

	Enjoy.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun