A pcm driver for Event/Echo Layla sound interface

Thomas skyjunk at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 29 19:05:45 PST 2003

I've been putting together a pcm driver for my Event/Echo Layla.  I use
the Layla for multi-track hard-disk recording under Win98 but, 99% of
the time I am running FreeBSD on that machine instead.

Echo open-sourced their Layla drivers (and Gina/Darla/Mia/Mona etc.) so
I was able to put this together.  I just wanted to be able to listen to
music files while running FreeBSD.

I am still ironing out some issues and the driver is a long way from
running on the other Echo devices.  But, I wanted to just see if this is
interesting to anybody else.  I can, of course, make all the source code
available.

--Thomas Skibo
skyjunk at sbcglobal.net