HEADSUP: Soekris and generic LED/lamp support in FreeBSD-current

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 7 15:11:26 PST 2003

On Nov 07, Scott Long wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Mathew Kanner wrote:
> > [...snip...]
> >
> > 	kldunload should unload all driver.  I plan to augment
> > /dev/sndstat to show which driver is actually behind the device.
>
> The current semantics are intentional (IIRC from talking with Cameron).
> The idea was to make it easy to load the correct sound driver without
> having to know specifically which one you needed, but not waste RAM by
> interesting, but changing the unload semantics then makes things less
> convenient.

	kldunload does unload all the drivers, at least on my machine.
I can't think of an easy way to implement those semantics without
preventing the unload of an attached driver in the general case.

	--Mat

--
	Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players
	and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and