Kmid on Freebsd 4.9 Couldn't open /dev/sequencer errors

doug cooper dmc at statscout.com
Tue Nov 4 19:34:29 PST 2003

Howdy
I am trying to run Kmid on an out of the box install of FreeBSD 4.9. I
have loaded the Maestro sound driver in /boot/defaults/loader.conf.

I have tried with the KDE start setting both on and off.
KDE menus "Control Center -> Sound and Multimedia->Sound System-> Start
aRts Soundserver on KDE startup.

Machine is a DELL latitude CPx

uname -a

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE #0: Mon Oct 27 17:
51:09 GMT 2003
root at freebsd-stable.sentex.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i
386

cat /dev/sndstat

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro-2E> at I/O port 0xd800 irq 5 (4p/0r/0v
channels duplex)

ls -al /dev/sequencer
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  10 Nov  5 03:55 /dev/sequencer -> sequencer0

fstat | grep sequencer
nothing..

But I get an error which says "Couldn't open /dev/sequencer. Probably
there is another program using it.

--
Doug