Transcode: problem converting avi (DivX) to mpg

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Sat May 17 01:28:59 PDT 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003 09:45:41 +0200
Marc Fonvieille <blackend at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 12:46:18AM -0400, Randy Pratt wrote:
> > I thought I was trying to do something simple but I keep running into
> > problems.  This is the file I'm trying to convert to an mpeg format
> > for either a vcd or svcd:
 <text snipped>
> You should look at http://www.bsdnews.org/0101/vcd.php, all examples
> could help you.

It certainly does! It would have taken me a long time to get this far
at the rate I was going.  The more I read about transcode, the more
confused I became.  With your examples, I can probably make some
fairly good progress this weekend.

Thanks for taking time to write the article and pointing it out to
me.  Nice job well done.

Randy