[MPlayer] can't load TrueType fonts

jimmie james h2g2_jimmiejaz at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 08:25:38 PDT 2003

>Hi!
>
>I can't get mplayer to load *any* ttf's I'm throwing
at it. It >just complains:

>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttfonts/arial.ttf doesn't
look like a >font
>description, ignoring
>Cannot load font:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttfonts/arial.ttf

>I've compiled with the "WITH_FREETYPE=YES" knob, so
it ought >to work, right?

>Bjarne
>
>PS: is it possible to get kmplayer to recognise
anamorphic >widescreen DVD's?
>--
>Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk

I had this same problem with the TTF untill I did some
reading, and figured out it was looking in ~/.mplayer
for the font file.
I just copied one from a TTF font into ~/.mplayer and
it went away.  Check the config file paths.

Don't have a DVD player, :(  sorry.

jimmie james

(sorry about formating *kicks yahoo*