Logitech Wingman Attack joystick

Alex Teslik alex at acatysmoof.com
Mon May 5 22:02:14 PDT 2003

Hi Matt,

      I applied the patch, re-compiled joy support out of my kernel (the new
module code compiled with no problems), and tried to load the module. Output
below:

[alex]/dev# kldload -v joy
Loaded joy, id=5

[alex]/dev# xmame -joytype 7 pacman
<snip>
done
SDL: Info: Video mode set as 1024 x 768, depth 16
SDL: joystick interface initialization...
SDL: 0 joysticks founds.
OSD: Warning: No joysticks found disabling joystick support
Using 16bpp video mode
SDL: sysdep_display_alloc_palette(65536);
</snip>

I also tried the other xmame -joytypes with the same results.

The loading of the module and your pci patch appear to have worked:
[alex]/dev# kldstat -v
<snip>
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 5    1 0xc3435000 3000     joy.ko
        Contains modules:
                Id Name
                133 isa/joy
                134 pci/joy
</snip>

I tried blasting joy* from /dev and ./MAKEDEV joy* again, just in case the
device needed to be built differently because of the isa to pci change. I
didn't notice anything different about the new joy devices in /dev.
Again though, thank you for the patch - pretty awesome when you have a problem
and code flies in from userland. :))
Any more ideas of course appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex