Burning data DVDs from FreeBSD

Tom Limoncelli tal at lumeta.com
Fri Mar 28 07:35:50 PST 2003

Each month I have a lot of data that needs to be archived to reliable
medium.  I'd like to be able to burn it onto DVD-ROM from a FreeBSD box.

While this isn't really a multimedia issue, people have recommended
that I ask here for obvious reasons.  However, I want to point out,
this is not video data, just general UNIX files.

So, my specific question is:
Does anyone have recommendations of a DVD burner and software that
works for them under FreeBSD?
Does anyone have recommendations for a solution that would work on a
Dell C640 laptop?

Thanks in advance,
--tal