Fwd: Portable MP3 players

Louis A. Mamakos louie at TransSys.COM
Sun Jun 22 12:58:00 PDT 2003

FYI,

I recently got an iRiver iFP-390T MP3 player device.  (For more
information, see http://www.iriver.com for the details.)  By default,
this device connects to a Windoze system and uses their "manager"
application to load files, etc.  They also have an alternative version of
firmware that you can download (called "UMS") that has the device
appear to be a generic USB storage device.  It works without any
quirks or changes with FreeBSD-4.8.  You must mount it as an
MSDOS filesystem and off you go.

I got mine in the US at Best Buy.  (256MB for US$200.00)

louie