AW: BSD video capture emulation question

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Mon Jul 14 00:17:35 PDT 2003

Julian Elischer wrote this message on Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 23:29 -0700:

> > hey. I was going to say just that.
>
> There is no reason why video streams should not be encoded as a stream
> of mbufs in which case netgraph could very well doexactly what
> is required :-)

If the mbuf code seperated it out, this MIGHT be a possibility, I'm
pretty sure we don't want to run into some of the problem with resource
contention on mbufs..  Also, the buffer space may need more fine
management...  The idea of a sink sending a packet that a source fills
also is kinda wierd (necessary for some dma operations)..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579