xawtv and ATI AIW 128 Pro

Joshua Lokken joshua at joshualokken.com
Wed Jul 9 22:00:46 PDT 2003

Hello media-heads!

I've been to gatos, and read through their documentation on
this subject, downloaded and installed the ati.2 modules
for XFree86-4.3.0 (I'm running 4.8-stable) and read the
xawtv manpage.  Maybe I'm just having trouble understanding
it.  I wish to watch TV on my PC with the abovecaptioned
card.  I don't need capture for the moment, just to watch...

I keep getting (when I start xawtv) /dev/bktr0:  device not
configured.  Well, I know that the bktr(4) driver doesn't
support the ATI card, but I haven't been able to figure out
which device to tell it to use, or exactly how to tell it...
maybe I need to create the proper device?

Could someone help steer me in the right direction?  Google
hasn't helped much, either.  I appreciate it.

Joshua