Sound recording on FreeBSD 5.1

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at tu-clausthal.de
Wed Aug 27 07:01:44 PDT 2003

My current system is FreeBSD Release 5.1 with sound hardware RealTek
650LC AC97 on the motherboard. I can play sound fine, but I can't
record anything (and am quite sure that I have set up everything
correctly regarding the cabling and the mixer(8) settings). Is this
known behaviour or is there even a patch? I tried recording with
audio/gramofile from the ports collection.

I used Google to look for hints regarding the problem but didn't find
anything.

Does somebody have any further tips for me or can recommend a
not-too-expensive PCI sound card that is known to record properly on
FreeBSD 5.1?

Stefan

P.S.: If possible, please reply (also) by private mail. Thanks :)