bktr card that does PAL+NTSC?

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Tue Aug 19 08:23:50 PDT 2003

Luigi,

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 08:10:54AM -0700, Lars Eggert wrote:
>>
>>can anyone recommend a TV card that works with the bktr driver, and
>>accepts both PAL and NTSC inputs? (Or do they all? My old one said
>
> They all work with both PAL and NTSC, at least when grabbing baseband
> composite video. PAL decoding could make use of a 64us delay line
> to compensate phase errors between adjacent lines, but the frame
> grabbers just omit that optimization so the decoding process is
> entirely in software.
>
> The trouble could be if you are trying to receive PAL through the
> tuner, because PAL and NTSC have different channel width and audio
> subcarrier.

goint through the tuner is what I'm looking for. This is for a little
digital video recorder I'm putting together using the Asus Pundit SFF
and the freevo port Steve O'Hara is preparing. I'd like it to work here
in the US and when I move back to Europe. (I could always just buy
another TV card there, however.)

>>"Philips NTSC tuner" during boot, and I never tried PAL.) Extra brownie
>>points if it can be obtained in the US :-)

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse at isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute