bktr on 5.1, Pinnacle PCTV Pro (PAL)

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Tue Aug 5 18:20:42 PDT 2003

Phil Pennock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting a bktr device working.  The system is FreeBSD
> 5.1, custom kernel to get bktr in natively -- when used as a module,
> complaints were sent to dmesg about being unable to allocate memory.
> I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.
>
> The card is a Pinnacle PCTV Prof PAL-BG/I/DK/SECAM

I have such a device and have it working with both fxtv and xawtv with
the following

- in loader.conf.local:

bktr_mem_load="YES"
bktr_load="YES"

- in sysctl.conf

hw.bt848.tuner=10

This is on FreeBSD 4-STABLE, but I had this exact configuration working
on a pre 5.0-RELEASE -CURRENT as well. The radio tuner does not work for
me though.

    ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock 		    | lofi at freebsd.org