Audio sampling from bt848-based cards

Steve O'Hara-Smith steveo at eircom.net
Wed Apr 30 08:59:48 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:04:32 -0400
"David G. Andersen" <dga at lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

DGA> The functionality seems to exist in the linux 'btaudio' driver,
DGA> which is separate from their bktr equivalent.  Anyone familiar
DGA> with this beast want to hand me a clue?

	It would be really nice if this driver were to be ported
into the pcm framework. I looked at it briefly but found myself grappling
with trying to understand the pcm framework at the same time as trying to
separate the linux bits from the btaudio bits - three unkowns were
getting too much - then I got too busy with other things. I get the
distinct impression it should be quite straightforward for someone
practiced at porting linux audio drivers to BSD pcm.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun