Setting up a central X server ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sat Apr 26 11:18:55 PDT 2003

Can someone point me at docs on how I can do this?

basically, I have a rackmount server here that has 4Gig of RAM and dual
CPU ... I'd like to setup X on it such that my staff's workstations run
their apps off of that machine, instead of their desktops ...

I've found some docs on XDMCP, but they seem to revolve more around being
able to set it up for Xceed and such, not for going from/to FreeBSD boxes

Now, the one thing I'm not sure whether would work or not is sound ... if
the X stuff is on a remote server, then the programs are running over
there, so is there a way of "connecting" back to the client computer for
their sound?

thanks ...