Intel ICH3/Yamaha

Derek Young DerekYoung at easy.com
Thu Apr 24 13:00:23 PDT 2003

Remember that Intel ICH3 card with the ACPI BIOS
problem? Rofl, it isn't really fixed..

See, yesterday when it was working.. I was
amazed. When I got home from work it wasn't
working.. so I retraced my steps.

See, I work at an ISP. I was downloading some of
the FreeBSD ISOs to setup a remote kgdb machine
on a box I wasn't using at home.

Apparently the 300KB/sec traffic or so was
generating a lot of pci interrupts which made
the card go fine. When I'm downloading a huge
file really quickly sound works good.

When I move my mouse around a lot sort sort of
works.

When I don't do anything not hooked up to the
net, sound barely works. I get those PCM
interrupt timeout messages on dmesg and choppy
sound. Just as before.

Sorry about the false positive report. But maybe
this will help. I think i'll set up some ddos
tools and dos my box during the day so I can
listen to music, rofl.

Now, the laptop that has this card does not have
a serial port.. so as far as the ICH3/Yamaha
goes I can't remote kgdb it.. but is there
anything from ddb that I can do to help you? I
have that setup and working.

Derek

easy.com
This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is available to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only.  Not all subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup company.