Create Extigy

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Sat Apr 19 13:06:49 PDT 2003

On Saturday 19 April 2003 03:28 pm, Chris Dillon wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, David Paigen wrote:
> device.  It didn't.  Next step is to just replace this old system with
> a newer one, since it is likely part of the problem, and I'll probably
> also just get a Turtle Beach or Hercules sound card next time.
>
> --
>  Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
>  FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet
>  - Available for IA32 (Intel x86) and Alpha architectures
>  - IA64, PowerPC, UltraSPARC, ARM, and S/390 under development
>  - http://www.freebsd.org
>
> No trees were harmed in the composition of this message, although some
> electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

>From my communications with Hercules and Cirrus Logic (chipset) they have not
been helpful in providing specs.  Cirrus Logic has provided specs to
opensound.com (non-free) and alsa (linux/GPL) and feel that's enough for
them.  A quote from thier reply "The only information that has been made
available is accessible through the linux community."  So I wouldn't count on
buying a Hercules card unless you can convince them to release specs, or even
write the driver themselves.
--
Anish Mistry