RME 96xx with FreeBSD

Jari Kirma jkirma at niksula.hut.fi
Tue Apr 15 03:57:09 PDT 2003

There's some "beta" support for the card in commercial drivers sold by
4Front Technologies (www.opensound.com). Currently the support in
FreeBSD 5.0 is limited to RELEASE, and I've experienced some IRQ
assignment problems in my SMP system (with M-Audio Audiophile card).

They are rewriting their FreeBSD-specific parts, though, and the situation
should improve.

It may be worth noting that the opensound drivers are not compatible
inside kernel with FreeBSD pcm stuff and thus sound doesn't work under the
Linux compability mode (at least it was so last time I tried...).

-kirma